Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Feast

 Lucky me! I got to feast on one of the best Thanksgiving meals ever last night! Every single course was made from scratch.  No shortcuts!  The turkey was browned to perfection, green bean casserole complete with homemade crispy fried onions and homemade cream of mushroom, fresh cranberry sauce, creamy mashed potatoes, savory cornbread stuffing with caramelized onions.  It was all delicious!
I thought I would share my Thanksgiving table decor with you.  I used one of my popular succulent wreaths (can be used on a table or hung as a wreath) as the mail focal point with a tall glass vase in the center of the wreath.  Shorter vases filled with rocks and floating candles flanked the centerpiece.  Vintage picture frames were placed around the flanking vases.  I used The Graphics Fairy to pull some vintage Thanksgiving Turkey clip art that I put on each place-setting.  Tillandsia (air plants), moss and rocks  scattered throughout completed my non-traditional Thanksgiving table!
I am really growing to love working with succulents and air plants.  They are extremely low-maintenance and beautiful plants.  Some of the succulents and tillandsia will even bloom...bonus!  They are becoming quite popular.  I recently received a largely circulated catalog the included succulent and tillandsia gardens as great holiday gift ideas.  However, I am going to take this opportunity to encourage you to buy locally!  If you are interested in a succulent wreath (starting at $30), tillandsia gardens, succulent gardens, live plants holiday gift baskets, holiday flower arrangements or decor for your big holiday event please contact me! InFullBloombyMJL@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment