Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Creating a Tropical Haven


I am stoked that I have been hired to decorate a wedding reception this weekend in a local Davis, CA restaurant!  The party is for a great couple who gave me their budget, a few parameters and then let me loose on the design!  The happy couple eloped and married in Hawaii over the holidays so they want to stick with a bright, tropical theme.  I usually start my brainstorming process by looking at photos (usually online) to get some ideas for specific flowers and color schemes I want to use.  This time I created my own pinboard on Pinterest to help myself along with this process.  Here are some of the photos I saved.



Isn't this cake just great?!




I love how these arrangements are very organic and simple with the leaves and pink ginger.  The way the sun is shining in the photo is lovely as well.


Source: google.com via Monica on Pinterest

The protea pincusion and orchid combination is a great tropical design.



This is ultra modern and sleek.  Just take floral spray paint, paint your leaf white and add the cymbidiums.  It is a beautiful design!



This is a very beach-y look with the shells at the base of the arrangement!

No comments:

Post a Comment