Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Music | In Full Bloom by MJL

I've been feeling like my music playlists were a little monotonous.  Recently I ventured out on a 6 hour drive to Solvang for a wedding set up. Unfortunately, the night prior to my departure I found  a nail in my deflated tire.  Thankfully, my family loaned me their car for the drive and delivery!  One of the coolest parts about the solo road trip was listening to XM Radio (which I don't normally have).  I scratched notes down on whatever was safely within my grasp while I was driving down I-5 so I could create a new music playlist! 

I present to you my 2013 Spotify Playlist that begins with "Stompa" by a sparkling new artist named Serena Ryder.   She named her newest album "Harmony" saying, "All those elements come together in this record, that’s why it’s called Harmony. Harmony is being able to have a billion things happen at once. As long as they’re in harmony, it’s all good. You don’t have to think about yourself or deny yourself.” I think we can all relate to dealing with a million things happening at once in our everyday lives and how those all come together to create  beauty in our everyday lives. 

Some of the songs are old, some new, or just new to me!  I absolutely love the Dear Miss Lonelyhearts album by Cold War Kids and Secondhand Rapture by MS MR!

Bottom line: there's a mix of tunes on here and you might find something you like!  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment